Doing laundry doesn’t have to suck. Here are 5 fast tips to make the time in front of the washer and dryer way more enjoyable:
1. Connect, really connect with family and friends. Hey, instead of squeezing in fast calls or texts, take the time to actually chat with someone you like a lot for the full washer cycle. And then pick your second favorite person and do the same during the dryer cycle. Turn laundry time into quality friend time!
2. Listen to your favorite music. You may want to create your “laundry playlist” that turns the chore of doing laundry into an upbeat experience. Let’s face it, listening to your favorite music is one of the best ways to pump up your mood and spirit no matter what you’re doing!
3. Netflix and ... laundry. If you’ve got a lot of laundry to do, you could actually watch a big chunk of Orange is the New Black. What’s better than a Sunday in your yogawear watching Netflix … and doing laundry?
4. Let loose your creativity. A simple laundry routine can be so peaceful. So use that uncluttered time to let your mind wander, and some amazing ideas may be born. Just make sure to jot them down so you don’t forget them later!
5. Exercise. Take the time between cycles and loads to get in your workout—run the stairs, do crunches—before you know it, the clothes you’re washing won’t fit anymore ... and not because they shrunk!
How do you make doing laundry more fun? Enjoy!